All Blog Posts from 2010
- Bill S.510 Food Safety Act is BAD.
- Armchair Urban Farming…
- Almost Tulip Planting Time…
- DFW, today is our first average frost date!
- Let the new garden begin…
- Time to plant fruit trees…and berries!
- Salvia ‘Wendy’s Wish’
- Chicken Portraits…Oh you KNOW I’m doing this!! LOL
- Seed some lettuce now folks!
- Backyard Chickens 101
- Live in Texas? Time to plant some bulbs!
- New ‘Plentifall’ trailing pansies..Oooooo, aaaahhhhh!
- Time for Tulips!
- Time to plant Iceland Poppies!
- Herbalist Guild Symposium
- Chicken Sale and Fall Programs at North Haven Gardens
- New Asian Jasmine ‘Snow-N-Summer’
- Now is the time to plant cool season vegetables
- Yay for homegrown fresh eggs!
- Upcoming Class: Vegetable Gardening 101 at North Haven Gardens
- Iris mystery solved!
- Garlic Chives…edible ornamental that takes the heat!
- Off to IGC in Chicago…Then TNLA in San Antonio…
- Echinacea ‘Mac N’ Cheese’
- Dismantling the Vegetable Garden…Sniff, Sniff…
- Fabulous new Echinacea
- Almost time to start fall vegetable seeds…
- Pistils Nursery, Portland OR
- Bodacious petunias! Bauman Farms, Portland OR
- New compact tomato varieties
- Funky new African Violet…‘Neverfloris’
- Chinese Garden, Portland, Oregon
- Many people using bat houses to fight against mosquitos | WCBD
- Next Class: Vegetable Gardening 101
- Plant Fall Tomato Transplants Now…
- Time to harvest garlic!
- Poor Einstein…she’s been henpecked, literaly…
- Phyllis has gone broody…
- Purty Peaches…
- The Succulent Project, Stage 2
- Organic Gardening and Farming Magazine
- Rough Earth Snakes in the Garden
- How do you like your ‘Sapho’ tomatoes?
- Oakleaf Hydrangea blooming away…
- Still harvesting lettuce…
- The first Nasturtium blooms…
- Is it strawberry time or what?!
- Bacykard Chicken Programs at NHG This Weekend
- Proper Watering Techniques Q & A
- First blooms on the Clematis ‘Ramona’
- Rose ‘Crown Princess Margareta’
- The roses are going nuts!
- Aren’t flowers fantastic? Blue Spiderwort in the shade garden…
- Ajuga ‘Catlin’s Giant’
- Fava Beans
- Iris ‘Orange Glaze’
- Naked Gardening Day, 2010
- Square Foot Gardening Soil Mix…Do I think it works for Texas?
- Earth Day Program: Bountiful Backyard Gardens
- More Eggs!!!
- Backyard Chicken Keeping Program, Saturday, Dallas
- First roses of the season and other blooming beauties…
- Japanese Maple ‘Oshi Beni’ seedlings…
- Chihuahua meets chicken…lol
- Backyard chickens, Dallas
- What to plant right now!
- Tomato ‘Sapho’
- From spring, to snow, and back again…
- Amaryllis ‘Chico’
- Mmmm, deviled eggs…
- Urban Chicken Article, Edible Dallas
- Frogs, Foam and Fuel: UC Researchers Convert Solar Energy to Sugars
- ‘Sapho’ Tomatoes
- Just a few shots from a lovely spring day in the garden…
- Vegetable Gardening 101 Class
- First poppy of the season…
- The cool thing about Calendula seeds…
- Peaches are blooming!
- Edible Dallas article on urban chickens
- Mason Bees
- Texas All Garden Show
- ‘Easy Does it’ 2010 AARS Rose…I’m drooling…
- So you wanted to know which tomato variety this was??
- What wood is best to use for raised beds?
- Homemade Ginger Ale…mmmmmm
- Happy Snow Day from Dallas!
- First signs of spring…now signs of winter…
- Signs of Spring…
- Broccoli Buds…
- Cool Season Herbs to Plant Now
- My Upcoming Gardening Classes
- Iceland Poppies!
- Rediscovering Barley
- The January thaw…what to plant!
- I’m on day 3 of my L.E.A.P diet…
- Lost Hen in Dallas!
- Time to start vegetable seeds indoors!
- Planting bulbs in turf grass
- Come to my Veggie Gardening class, Thursday 1/14
- Time to plant onions in Texas!
- It’s a five egg day!
- My poor chickens…it’s so cold!
- Upcoming hard freeze…what to do?
- My Favorite Tulips and how to plant them…
- Time to plant your tulips!